Sunday 16 September 2012

DIY Lip Palette

My first ever DIY post! I thought I would start off with something easy that everyone will be able to do, no matter what their ability.

Creating a custom lip palette is really simple, and a great way to carry all of your favourite lipsticks around at once, without the need to carry round lots of tubes. 

What you will need:

  • An empty palette (some people like to use watercolour paint palettes, but you can buy empty makeup palettes for cheap on eBay)
  • Lipsticks of your choice
  • A spoon
  • A candle
  • Something sharp
  • Newspaper or Towel
Method:

- Make sure all equipment is clean and cover your work surface with paper or towel.
- Light candle
- Cut a small amount of the lipstick bullet and place on spoon
- Hold over candle until melted
- Pour melted lipstick into the palette
- Allow to cool (place in fridge for a few minutes)
- Wipe around edges to keep neat











There you have it! Your very own custom lip palette. This will make travelling with makeup much easier and more efficient. Now you dont have to choose between your favourite lipstick to take out with you, just take them all!

Tips: 
- Melt the lipstick in small sections, that way you will know exactly how much will fit into your palette.
- Take the sticker from the lipstick tube and stick it on the palette, that way you will know exactly what shades you have in your palette. 

Hope you enjoy this, I would love to see if any of you have made one of these!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post doll. I need to do this a free up some space in my lipstick holders:)

    Sara xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea!
    I have never thought or seen of anybody doing this before!
    I will definatley try this with some of my old lipsticks!

    Jess x x
    www.a-beautifulsecret.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x